Thomas A. Planchard, M.D.
The first impression most patients have of Dr. Tom Planchard is that he genuinely likes people and thoroughly enjoys his work helping them improve their vision. They quickly learn how good he is at listening – and at addressing their concerns and answering their questions.
They come to appreciate his deep attention to detail, and his skills.
All of these attributes reflect both the dedication and confidence of a seasoned physician-surgeon in his prime.
“It’s not about doing `good enough`,” Dr. Tom Planchard says. “I want the best possible outcome for every individual patient.
“We pride ourselves on being leaders in the latest technology. We’ve done over 15,000 cataract and refractive eye surgeries. But every patient is unique and getting the best results begins with holding to that fact as our guiding philosophy.
“That’s why we take the extra time to understand and painstakingly diagnose each patient’s very specific condition and needs. That’s why we emphasize the latest equipment and the most precise, reliable techniques for diagnostics – as well as for the actual procedures.
“Vision is precious – and when patients place their confidence in us, we give every single one our very best.”
Cataract Surgery, LASIK Surgery, PRK, Glaucoma Treatment and Surgery, Medical Retina, Corneal Transplant Surgery including DSEK, Blepharoplasty, General Ophthalmology
- 1980 Board-Certified in Ophthalmology, American Board of Ophthalmology
- Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member of the American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery
- Member of the International Society of Refractive Surgery
- Member of the American Medical Association
- Private Practice: 1981 to present Bossier City, LA
- Community Service: Medical Director, Northwest Louisiana Lions Eye Bank
- Personal: Married 34 years, 4 children